Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #323 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Something a little different on the ol' Tunnel of Love this time: this entire edition is dedicated to nonsubmissivewife, who I know loves soul music and has accused me of not playing enough --- any, in fact, which is true. So to make up for that, every selection here is a soul classic. Enjoy!

And what better way to start than with the man whose very name is not only synonymous with soul, but with “lurve” too? Yeah, it's that man-mountain of cool, the guy with a voice deeper than the Mariana Trench, Mister Barry White!

Oooh yeah! If you ain't in the mood for love after that, you're never gonna be! Keeping it cool and laid-back with another icon of the smooth, sexy soul sound, it's Luther Vandross, with “A house is not a home”.

Oh, she'd kill me if I didn't let the ladies do their thang, so here is Patti Labelle with “If you asked me to”.

And how could we leave out Oleta Adams?

A true all-time classic from the Commodores, their number one which kickstarted Lionel Ritchie's career, this is of course “Three times a lady”.

Another true icon of soul, here's Smokey Robinson with “Being with you”.

Randy Crawford, with a lovely version of the truly stunning “Rainy night in Georgia”.

A great, slightly more recent hit from Atlantic Starr, this is “Always”.

Back to the guys now, as we approach the end. Here's another master of the soulful smoothie, George Benson, with “In your eyes.”

And let's finish with a true classic, the Stylistics with “You make me feel brand new”.

Hope you're feeling all nice and relaxed and chilled out after that. Next time, the Tunnel of Love will revert to its usual format. Hope you enjoyed that, nsw, and that it temporarily sates your desire for soul music, here in the pages of my journal. Later...