Music Banter - View Single Post - There's More to Life Than Music You Know. But Not Much More.
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Zer0

I love Camera Obscura so much. It's so hard to pick a favourite album from them, at the moment Let's Get Out Of This Country is probably my favourite but My Maudlin Career is excellent and I have plenty of memories attached to it. Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi is a great album as well and has what is probably my favourite Camera Obscura song, 'Eighties Fan'. I wouldn't really say they're running out of ideas just yet, they slowly evolve from album to album and My Maudlin Career was a step in the right direction for the band. My only worry is, and perhaps there were some signs of it on My Maudlin Career, is that they might slide too close to easy-listening on their next album. But hopefully it will be another cracking album from them.

I pretty much know how you feel about them, there's just something about Tracyanne that's just irresistible and makes you hang on to her every word, but I try not to get too obsessed with them in case I burn out on them.