Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #334 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Time for some real weird sh1t, man, from the weirdest of weird times, the seventies! One guy who made his name during that time was Japanese electronic music pioneer Isao Tomita, usually just known as Tomita. Kind of a Japanese Vangelis I guess, but judge for yourself. This is from his 1974 debut album called “Snowflakes are dancing”, and it's a little piece called “Arabesque No. 1”.

Then we have seventies folk supremo Gordon Lightfoot, with a hit single from his 1978 album “Endless wire”, this is “Daylight Katy”.

Can't have a seventies selection without my elder sister's pop idol at the time, Gilbert O'Sullivan! This is from 1970, and it's a clever and quite biting in ways song called “Nothing rhymed”.

Everybody by now knows Tony Christie's 70s hit “Is this the way to Amarillo”, due to its re-release and popularity a few years back, but did you know that the single prior to that, 1971's “I did what I did for Maria”, charted higher than its better-known cousin?

And to finish up, a song I thought I'd never hear again, but thanks to YouTube here it is. From 1975, Peter Shelley and a song that coloured much of my teenage years, “Love me, love my dog”.