Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that give you chills
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #95 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoemerMW View Post
Mad World by Gary Jules
Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoemerMW View Post
I don't know why, i just love that song. Usually I prefer the original version of a song, but I just like Gary Jule's version much better than the original Tears for Fears version.
Just today I was thinking of "Mad World" by Gary Jules and remembering how the first time I heard it I got chills.

I find the song a little haunting, love the cello, and like the video with the children running around to form different shapes. I think the song by itself might not have given me chills, but something about the song combined with the video did.

Maybe it is contrast between the sadness of the song and the enthusiasm of the children that got to me. Children can be so happy, just naturally, and so it is sad when some of that happiness gets snuffed out by life and by interactions with other people.

Ahh...the song still has the effect on me, because it just made my arm hairs stand on end.

"Mad World" - by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews (Cover)

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-05-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Tested out effect of song on me and added results to post
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote