Music Banter - View Single Post - Jeff Mangum plays Occupy Wall Street
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Why is it beautiful? "Occupy Wall Street" is a crass mob movement. I've yet to read one apology for those folks that makes any sense, example:

Quote:
Almost a year ago, a revolution began in Tunisia and sparked a domino of uprisings across the Middle East. Their call was simple: end the dictatorship, usher in accountable government. Through occupation and all out war, countries in the Middle East attempted to topple leaders who clung to power despite representing the interests of the richest and most powerful to the detriment of the public good.

Months later, Europe exploded. Sit-ins in Spain and ongoing rallies in Greece protested economic policies that rewarded the richest 1% while punishing the other 99%. Then London and the surrounding areas erupted into riots: an expression of outrage at rising housing and food costs. Israelis established a massive tent city in Jerusalem protesting the same rise in the cost of living, and the government's stubborn refusal to pass laws that promote the common good and support the survival of the other 99%. Now, the United States and Canada have joined the fray.
link

...I mean, what? Really? Linking the Greek financial crisis to Tunisia? Pretending the USA and Canada don't have massive social safety net programs?

Really, if they want to protest, fine, but the moment they start blocking traffic I do hope the police will do as they did on the Brooklyn bridge and arrest the lot of them.