Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #6969 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Woah now... potential for what?
I've heard varying levels of Reggae in many forms, and Bob Marley has been one of the least to impress me. Thing is, Reggae is about the colors of the sound, not the rhythmic construction. In that, however, it's potential is lost as I feel a lot of reggae is samey.

If the thick coloration palette is used well, then it can do amazing things. However, some artists in the genre fail to bring it beyond that, and have it swallowed in the muck of it's own cliche. Perhaps Bob Marley created the cliche, but by now, the cliche has gotten damn old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
I have never had a go at somebody on this site before, but you Sir have over-stepped the mark.
What a completely bull**** statement.
Dull musician? I think you're the one that's been smoking.
He's one of the most creative, colourful musicians of all time.
You can't criticise an artist based on who you believe their fan base are either.

I think you're trolling. You had better ****ing be. Please attempt to back up this crackpot statement.
Explain how he is dull, come on, I challenge you.
I cannot explain dull in scientific terms. Only say that listening to Bob Marley is about as exciting as watching a train slow down to stop.

Now, I'm going to declare him dull until proven exciting, and challenge you back to find something in his catalog that justifies your rather heated response.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote