Music Banter - View Single Post - Hullawrerr
Thread: Hullawrerr
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
paulr
Groupie

Default Hullawrerr

Well since Ive started posting here, its only polite I introduce myself.

Im an old geezer with what used to be a very wide taste in music, though over maybe the last 15 years its narrowed somewhat. Sadly I find myself listening to the 'next big thing' only to think that they sound like <enter band name for x or y years ago>.

I was/am big into UK punk, what the UK press used to be called 'industrial', reggae, Indie, ethereal, shoegazing, heavenly voices from Hyperium (RIP), some glam, and probably a few others. While I have idolised many bands with a passion over the years, no-one has ever come close to Cocteau Twins and, while I try to keep a very open mind, I doubt anyone ever will.

I doubt you will find me in jazz, Heavy metal, country or rap topics as I just dont get those genres -never have - even went to a Deep Purple gig in the 70s to see what all the fuss was all about at the time they were the loudest band in the world apparently and fell asleep..... also gave away an Aerosmith ticket to a guy outside the gig (he seemed happy) cos no way was I going to watch them, free or not !!

Recent stuff Im into are The Big Pink, Zola Jesus, Fever Ray, Hockey, The Deer Tracks, Sol Seppy and probably a few others if I could be bothered to get of my fat arse & have a look.

Anyway - Hullo !!

Last edited by paulr; 10-06-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: corrections
paulr is offline   Reply With Quote