Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #341 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Starting off a new section this month, featuring music from the fairer sex, and being Seventies Week, what else would we concentrate on but women who had hits in that decade?
To start off, here's one of the biggest of the big, Diana Ross with the theme from the film “Mahogany”, from 1975, “Do you know where you're going to?” Pure motown class.

Now for one of the premier ladies of country, it's Crystal Gayle and a huge hit for her in 1977, “Don't it make my brown eyes blue”.

From country to disco, for one of THE divas of the seventies, this is Donna Summer, with a huge pop hit that crossed over into electronica territory, the fabulous “I feel love”.

Not forgetting Debbie Harry, an upcoming feature in our “Gone solo in the game” slot soon, here she is with her band Blondie, and one of their biggest hits, “Heart of glass”.

And let's finish up with my all-time favourite crush of my teenage years, the sexy Suzi Quatro with one of her heavier hits, this is “Devil gate drive”.

That's it for now: watch for more from the ladies soon!