Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 08:04 AM   #347 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah, I think it may have been a case of "too much too soon", as the Specials (was it?) said it. She got famous off the back of that track and people as you say kind of saw the bandwagon come and leaped aboard, then realised it was going the wrong way, but couldn't or didn't want to get off. They'd paid their fare, so would complete the journey.

Similar to how, as I mentioned previously, the "beautiful people" latched on to The The's "Infected" and made it cool --- which it is, a fantastic, fantastic album --- for a short while, till they got bored and moved on. Of course, in that case, "Infected" remains as a classic album: didn't need the stamp of approval of the glitterati to make it so, but in my opinion it suffered a little by having its star hitched, as it were, to that caravan.

The only real track on "No angel" that I love and play often is "Take my hand" --- I love that. Is Faithless involved in that? Sounds quite electronica...