Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 11:28 AM   #351 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Without question, there were some truly great (and some truly awful!) TV shows in the seventies, but good or bad, you can't deny one thing: it certainly was not boring. And any repeats we had were exclusively on the BBC, not like today... wouldn't have happened in my day... TV these days... No such thing as a remote control... four channels and were happy … etc etc.

Aaaaanyway, let's check some of those groovy (or not so much so) TV themes out from that golden age of television we call the seventies. Starting off with one of my favourite shows of the 70s (guess why?), it's the distinctive theme from “Charlie's Angels”. No, not the film, you fool!

That's one for the guys, now how about the ladies? Well, here's Erik Estrada and Larry Wilcox, the boys from the California Highway Patrol, otherwise known as “Chips”! See what they did there?

Who would ever have thought the networks would buy the idea of a TV show about a Medical Examiner? But they did, and it made Jack Klugman a star. Here's “Quincy”.

Who could forget the coolest cops of the seventies, Starsky and Hutch? Whatever happened to Starsky?

Oh, we just have to have the theme to “The Incredible Hulk!” Though I do prefer the end theme...

… and here it is!

One of the funniest shows of the 70s, with the funkiest of themes, this is “Soap”.

And let's not forget “Family ties”, the show that made Michael J. Fox a superstar.

Anyone remember listening to WKRP in Cincinnati?

And to round off this look at seventies TV themes, I slagged off the singing talents (hah --- sorry!) of one Telly Savalas a little while ago, so to make it up to his fans, here's the theme to the show that made him a household name, “Kojak”.

So there you are. If you weren't around in the seventies, you not only missed some great TV but also some great music. Serves you right, not being born into the best decade of all! What were you thinking?

Anyway, next time we'll be back to the usual format. Hope you enjoyed this selection.
(Note: Apologies for the fact that some of the themes are very low volume: guess people taped them off their TV or something, so the quality leaves a little to be desired. Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately. Hope it didn't spoil your enjoyment of these classic TV themes.)