Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #10642 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I finally watched Suspiria and some of the suspense music that ended up being a mixture of noise and chanting was really grating on my nerves like nails on a chalk board.

When I got to the ending, I just shut off my tv in disappointment. The ending just didn't make sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
That's Italian Horror cinema for you especially Dario Argento. Most of his films are about set pieces with the story taking second place but what set pieces they are. The opening murder in all it's baroque opulence. The brilliant use of colour when the beds are set up. The fall into barbed wire. The use of running water throughout and that soundtrack is masterful! but I can understand people dissing it too. Bad dubbing, some dodgy F/X and almost non linear plot however I think it's a damn masterpiece and it has a savage beauty.

Best not check out that other masterpiece of Italian Horror The Beyond by Lucio Fulci then! That makes even less sense but it is a fantastic Horror film and so unique.

Argento's Tenebre is a little more linear if you want to give him another go. The roof tracking shot is brilliant.
i am ironically wearing my brand new Suspiria shirt

i agree 100% with Jackhammer on this.....you really have to take giallo/horror at face value.....and i'm sorry but in my humble opinion nobody does it better than Argento......that scene where the girl is running through the forest and the amazing Goblin soundtrack is playing....is still to date one of my favorite scenes in any horror film.....the first killing and the shot the proceeds it is still one of the best ever made.....people have written entire thesises (plural for thesis?) on the scene where the dog attacks the blind man.....concentrating on the plot is just as bad as trying to figure out why there would be a random room full of razor wire at a school of dance .....Suspiria to me is just wonderful eye heroin
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote