Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #1189 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I dunno how Crosby is going to play this year, but from the way Malkin looked these past few weeks, he's relishing the opportunity to turn this into a milestone season. I wouldn't be surprised if he carried the 'Guins into the playoffs; it seems like he took last season as a personal blow to his ego. And minus the (hopefully) momentary absence of Crosby, the lineup is thankfully intact...whether or not it stays the case in April is another thing entirely.

I think the Kings are better than most will admit, they just haven't had a reliable anchor since the good old great one departed for fairer waters in the '90s. But it's refreshing to see them draw some young blood to fill the gaps in their roster; Dustin Penner was definitely a worthwhile acquisition, albeit not of the same caliber as the Mike Richards trade.

For the first time in many years, I feel like Detroit is going to struggle rather than benefit from the burdens of experience. It may not be this year, but injuries are going to cost Detroit heavily by the time they reach the playoffs.
I thought Malkin looked terrible against Vancouver. He was falling all over the place. Never got to see the game vs. Calgary though. But I do agree with you, I think he has a big bounce-back year.

And people say that about Detroit every year. Has to happen eventualy I guess, but I doubt it happens this year. I say they take a noticeable step back next year when Lidstrom (most likely) retires.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote