Music Banter - View Single Post - Will Going Mainstream Make Dub Step Lame?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Because every freaking music store I walk into is playing it, there's a million dub step compilation albums out and it's seeping into the top 40. I think it's going to ruin it when everyone likes it because it's the cool thing to do. It's drum and bass all over again. I really prefer decent music to be heard by people with actual music tastes.

Thoughts?
I think I don't care at all about what's played in common record stores and on the Top 40. None of that can ruin music that is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Uh... "make" dub step lame. If you ask me giving simplistic dance music a different name, and pretending it's some vastly original amazing new trend is lamer than anything. So rather than making dubstep lame it'll probably actually just make mainstream lamer.
Close-minded insults don't make for good conversation. Good dubstep is good. Great dubstep is even better. If you're interested in Art and Music then you know that 'originality' ultimately means little and that honest music fans give no shit about trends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
I thought dub step was already lame?
Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
There are some great dubstep artists out there, you should listen to a few.

Such as this guy:

Wait until it drops around 2.20.
Excellent example. I'll always love Boxcutter's Glyphic album (2007) no matter what any other musician does. It'll never be lame.