Music Banter - View Single Post - Wolf Parade
Thread: Wolf Parade
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 06:52 PM   #63 (permalink)
Gangleri
Groupie

Of the Boeckner/Krug bands, I've only heard Wolf Parade, Handsome Furs and Sunset Rubdown (pretty much in that order too..). Must say that Sunset Rubdown hasn't really grabbed me yet, I revisit them every now and then because two of my friends like them but they don't quite do it for me.

Apologies is a great album, there are so many top notch songs on there. I found it harder to get into the other two but I think they're nevertheless superb albums, there's definitely great songwriting going on there. The opening riff to Cave-O-Sapien makes me want to air guitar till my fingers drop, I can never help singing along to the chorus of Ghost Pressure and with every listen I feel that Soldier's Grin just gets better and better.

I can imagine that with the gap between Apologies and the other albums it was hard for listeners to hear Wolf Parade do any songs that wasn't familiar to them already. I can imagine waiting for the new I'll Believe In Anything or This Heart's On Fire and just being disappointed. I think At Mount Zoomer and Expo 86 have a lot to say for them, though I might be inclined to say that Apologies is the better overall album.
Gangleri is offline   Reply With Quote