Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Music Videos
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #322 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's really pretty amazing. The whole thing is real too. If you watch closely you'll notice the entire video is comprised of only two shots and that's just because they basically used one camera per floor. Also, all those people cheering at the end are the engineers who put the whole thing together. And yeah, it's a terrific song too. I find it very uplifting.

Not to inundate you with OK Go videos or anything, but here's another video for a different version of the same song performed with the Notre Dame marching band:

OK Go certainly make a lot of memorable videos stuffed full of surprises (like grass people)! They merge goofy and humorous well. Funny, that I'd never even heard of OK Go before yesterday when I happened to see a clip of the treadmill song on a video game and, my interest piqued, decided to google "treadmill song."

Now that I've read more about OK Go, I know that this was their breakthrough song and dance, which is cute:

OK Go - A Million Ways (to be Cruel) (2005)
They've mastered nerd chic. I especially like their fake fight with slow-mo action!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-11-2011 at 12:26 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote