Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Favorite Songs by Singer-Songwriters
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I`m glad I tried your clip of the song Aching, Vegangelica, and I agree with your comments - the whole song hinges on her fabulous delivery of the word "aching", which makes it very unusual.

Il Duce has already posted a classic, and a personal favourite, Madame George , so I thought I`d offer a lesser-known story-song by Paul Brady :-
Yes, Julie Feeney's delivery of "aching" makes that song special, Lisnaholic.

Paul Brady's "Arthur McBride" tells an interesting tale of pummeling obnoxious soldiers. I'd never heard that anti-war song before. I like how Arthur tells the truth about joining the military. That is a refreshing moment of clarity.

Thanks for finding the song that ejp mentioned! Before I noticed you had done that already, I looked up the song for the very same reason. I found this version that has a little better sound quality, I feel, except it gets too loud in some spots:

Vandaveer - Spite (Froggy's Session)
I don't care for the music, but I love the lyrics!

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote