Music Banter - View Single Post - Radiohead - The King Of Limbs
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 02:44 PM   #165 (permalink)
SgtMeowenstein
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
If you're gonna make a blanket statement like "King of Limbs sucks. Plain and simple" give something to back up that statement. All you're actually saying by coming into this thread like that is that the band hasn't sounded the way you've wanted them to sound since the last album you liked, which is really not a commentary of the quality of the music of their latest release. It's just stating that you don't like the fact that they've evolved, which all great bands do.
No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I don't like what they've evolved into. They don't have to sound like they did on The Bends in order for me to like their music. By saying that Kid A was their last good album, I meant that that was the last album where they actually sounded inspired. They have some good tunes on every album, but imo they haven't released a consistently good album since Kid A. Maybe I was a bit harsh, but that's how I feel. Granted, their mediocre music is still astronomically better than most of the crap that's out there; but I hold Radiohead to higher standards. King of Limbs is a huge disappointment.
SgtMeowenstein is offline   Reply With Quote