Music Banter - View Single Post - Blondie
Thread: Blondie
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liljagare View Post
I preferred the later Blondie stuff as opposed to her songs such as "Rapture". I never liked that and "Heart of Glass" (perhaps because those two were a bit more overplayed than songs such as "Hanging on a Telephone" at least from what I remember). Her stuff in the mid-nineties I liked a lot more though..."Maria" is a fun song.
I should listen to more of her newer songs, but I guess after hearing "Maria" some years ago I wasn't very motivated to hear more. "Maria" seems sort of bland, mainstream, and non-descript to me.

Don't get me wrong, though: I love Blondie's voice and I love her persona. And her mouth, when she sings, fascinates me because of how she often moves it so little and maintains a natural sort of pouting expression.

I just prefer her earlier songs that seem to have more of a kinky edge to them. My favorite Blondie song is her first hit single, "In the Flesh." I've always thought the song is really sweet:

Blondie - "In the Flesh"
(Video provides good example of Blondie Pout)

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 02-27-2012 at 05:54 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote