Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #17168 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
My issue is that I'm in two shows right now, so I can't really stay overnight and camp out for an entire day or more like I'd like to. I'm not for roughly 99% of their demands and find them to be unrealistic and kind of odd (99%, huh, ironic!) but there is a good point and a good cause, ultimately.

I'm actually working on an Occupy event in my actual city, not twenty minutes away as this one is. We're working on making a stronger, more realistic list of demands and educating potential participants on a specific code of conduct for parts of the event...e.g. don't bring drugs because that looks awful, dress somewhat respectably...that sort of thing.
I was really interested in all these protests etc so somehow it got me on to reading this blog:

We Are the 99 Percent

And wow... it must really suck to live in America... no offense meant at all of course. But... wow I can't believe how expensive education and health are. I have $0 in student debts despite studying at university for 5 years and spent 4 weeks in hospital two years ago and it was completely FREE!