Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Songs by Non-famous Bands
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default Good Songs by Non-famous Bands

Please post and discuss, if you wish, songs you like by non-famous bands or musicians, any genre (classical, punk, etc.).

Every once in a while I find a song by a band that doesn't seem well-known, and I think, "Hey, that's a pretty good song! Why aren't more people listening to it?"

What is non-famous? Good question. Use your own judgment, but if I find a musician where her or his YouTube video has fewer than 1000 hits, and no wikipedia entry, I conclude "Not famous."

Here's an example of a song I like by a non-famous musician:

A Brokeheart Pro (Jeannette Kantzalis) - "Bleed On"
I was listening through Jeannette Kantzalis' songs, most of which are light and wispy, and none made an impression on me until I listened to this one. I thought, hey, that's pretty good! It has attitude and pep, but only 470 YouTube views. Then I thought of all the songs I've heard but don't like that have 13,000,000 views, and that irked me. So here you go, Jeannette Kantzalis, whoever and wherever you are, I like your song, and especially these lines: "I'm pretty sharp, so I'll cut to the quick."

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote