Music Banter - View Single Post - Good Songs by Non-famous Bands
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Clara Klein | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

The two songs on here are pretty good. Love her voice.
Clara Klein's "Got Me" is really catchy with clever lyrics plus interesting instrumentals (an accordian sound and piano with dissonance). Her voice is lovely, so silky, warm and light. I liked that song very much. I could find no YouTube video of it, unfortunately.

What the heck is this singer doing, not making more songs than these two??? "Got Me" definitely got me. The music sounds like "ice cream and marshmallows," just like she wrote about it on her MySpace, but I'd add "with a dash of hot pepper or bittersweet chocolate." I listened three times to "Got Me." "Madman" was too quiet and mellow, in my opinion, but it seems to have attracted more attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post

I found this through stumbleupon labeled as Techno/Trance-like song on acoustic guitar. He's very clever, although I realize he's got a butt-load of hits (he basically got to meme status, it's been put through Stumbleupon...)

This is a great thread idea, but I'm glad the idea of non-famous is open-ended. Even one of my regular customers at my work that dropped me a very good demo has 11,000 hits on his one youtube appearance...
Ewan Dobson's guitar piece is terrific. I didn't realize how lush the sound from a single acoustic guitar could be. I'd call him "famous-ish," though, because he has his own Wikipedia page! Ewan Dobson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

P.S. Lucifer, I'm glad you like the thread idea.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote