Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #3837 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I just played through Deus Ex Human Revolution. It was a very good game, although I wouldn't give it the full 6/6 as I felt I spent far too much time hacking which eventually became a bore. Of course I could choose to not hack every godsdarn hackable thing in the game, but not really because then I feel like I'm missing out and I'm a bit OCDish about stuff like that. Put some optional time consuming minigame in there and I will have to do it. Also, the protagonist Jensen was a bit slimy and weird with his thin body and broad shoulders, matrixy look and silly raspy voice, but I warmed up to him somewhat over the course of the game. Still, despite a couple of bumps, the game is lots of fun and I would recommend it to any gamer.

I recently bought Dead Island which looks fun, but I think I'm gonna have to wait with playing it until some more friends get it for the multiplayer experience and .. I have to finish Rage first. Rage is great! It's like Fallout meets Doom and unlike Deus Ex, you can sit down with it for 15 minutes and still feel like you made real progress (instead of just collecting a bit more spam from hacked terminals). The game looks great, plays great on my old hardware, has great gameplay and is quick to deliver the action.