Music Banter - View Single Post - Enya!!!
Thread: Enya!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 03:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Josephine
Your La-La-La Teacher

Location: The place I come from is full of people with cruel taste of music

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflames
Yeah, its definatly the right mood for those movies. Its so ambient and expansive. I love it. Did she also do the music on it as well, or just vocal tracks?

As far as when she came out, from my research she had her first solo album in 1986. So yes, she has been around alot longer than you've thought Shanda. Funny thing is, people (myself included) seem to think that bands just came out when they first hear about them, when usually they have been around for years and years.
Yeah, this is something I know just too well... I love a band and then suddenly, when they reach their deserved success, someone tells me: "Oh, have you ever heard bout them? They're a new band and they're so hot at the moment!" Annoying, isn't it? But anyway, let's forget bout that...I'll get upset and start to cry...
Yes, Enya's voice and her music doesn't seem to be earthly...Very elvish.
The song "Lothlórien" is an instrumental and it is composed by Enya and Nicky Ryan (I googled it ). The song is from Enya's album "Shepherd Moons" released in 1991. So I have to agree with phoenix, she was actually there long before LotR.

Vote or die!
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote