Music Banter - View Single Post - MB GENERAL ALBUM CLUB: Pg.Lost - Key
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #265 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

I have a very typical problem with ambient albums, in that I'm rarely inclined to listen to them more than once. They're frequently repetitive and overlong, and asides from invoking a pleasant, sleepy mood, don't often offer much to remember them by. That said, this is a diverse album with plenty of memorable moments, and while it's longer than I prefer my albums to be, it's one of the few such albums I'd be keen to hear again.

My relationship with Yo La Tengo generally isn't that great. I've also heard I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One and I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass, and they were both pleasant, but a bit dull. Yo La Tengo is one of those artists I feel I should enjoy a lot more than I actually do. The Sounds of the Sounds of Science is probably the most intriguing album I've heard from them so far, but I'm determined to find something in their discography I'd listen to regularly.

My favourite tracks were Shrimp Stories and How Some Jellyfish Are Born. On the whole, this is my favourite club album so far as well. Great piece of album art to go with it.

EDIT: Pretty much put me to sleep at my computer, but in the best possible way. I ought to get into the habit of listening to ambient music at night before bed. I feel like it would help me fall asleep at a more reasonable pace than the hour+ it takes me as is.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote