Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #4877 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Get Well Soon - "Heading Home to The Pole"

I like the choir and the jingly bells contrasting with the heavier moments in the song. Man, Konstantin Gropper has a low voice that I don't expect to come out of his slender, boyish body! The incongruity always surprises me.

I find myself gravitating to some of his music, which I find very curious, with my favorite song being "Angry Young Man." He sounds like a lounge singer, a crooner from an earlier generation, but his music doesn't sound at all lounge-like. About him and his band: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_Well_Soon_(band)

Get Well Soon - "Angry Young Man"

I'm a little obsessed with this song/video combination, which I posted about elsewhere due to the video appealing to me so much. Below is the official video followed by a live acoustic recording, which I hadn't seen before this morning! (Excitement!)

Heh heh! Now I'm listening to *this* performance video of "Angry Young Man."

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-20-2011 at 01:45 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote