Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 04:14 AM   #510 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

As for the battle, well I listened to The Blackening again (bought the cd a couple of years ago and gave it a couple of listen then and none since)and Unto the Locust for the first time. Well what can I say about The Blackening!!! This time everything on it clicked with their move to a more thrashy based sound, longer songs that the band do far better than Metallica ever did on AJFA, Robb Flynn`s booming voice-easily one of the best vocalists in metal, the quieter reflective moments that Machine Head always seem to include on their albums in certain parts of their songs, great musicanship etc. I`ve now got to concede, that this is now their best album and without doubt one of the best metal releases of the 00s!!! The album reminds me a girl I once looked at and didn`t fancy, I`ve now looked at her again and fell in love with her (not the greatest analogy I know, but you get the idea) As much as I love Burn My Eyes this album is better and every song is outstanding. Unto the Locust I need to give that more listens but its a very good album but The Blackening has more stand out material.

I mean when Robb Flynn booms out "Power and Prejudice" on the opening song on The Blackening I was in fucking love with the album

The Blackening 4
Burn My Eyes 0
Unto the Locust 0
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote