Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #16276 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
I remember everyone here going on about Marrow of the Spirit last year but never got around to listening to it. I'm going to give that and The Mantle a listen next.
The Mantle is the one for me. Marrow Of The Spirit only picks up in the last 3 tracks for me but they are a really good band.

Nothing too original but it's a decent mix of Drone, Sludge, Ambient and Post Metal with a decent Male/Female combo that gives it a little more texture than similar releases. Get it for free if ya like: Tree Of Sores

Dutch instrumental Spacey/Stoner Rock without resorting to actual riffs. Non descript in one way but works well when you want to chillout but still get an actual hit of a band not falling asleep in the studio and getting more wasted than you.

Some old cliched Goth crap I found that ticks all the boxes. Unremarkable but the theatrics (whether musically or lyrically) are kept to a minimum and it is surprisingly decent. Sisters Of Mercy meets The Mission. Job done.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote