Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Pink Floyd Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #383 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Tribute bands? fuck off. I can think of nothing worse. Some pub band trading off a band that no longer tours and giving us inferior versions of tracks that we all know and love and charging $35+ for the privilege but then I came across these:

Brit Floyd | The Pink Floyd Tribute Show

Considering they (original band) will probably never reform for a few gigs (although there is a rumour that they might do a few shows and dedicate all profits to charity) and if they did then tickets would probably start at $200 a piece what else can you do?

However if you devour the live experience of bands then the whole set up, professionalism and musicianship of this band is something to take note of.

My good friend attended a gig last night and was fully determined to come out after the gig and complain like the bald approaching 40 year old man that he is but he didn't. In fact he was blown away.

I will not accept a tribute band to replace the original at all and find the whole concept too twisted to fully enjoy but watch this video and its not just a cheap gimmick:

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote