Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #3865 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Do you ever remember any of these games, all adventure games. They were Commodore 64 and Amiga games.

Cruise for a Corpse
Operation Stealth
Colditz
Eureka

I`ve been reading what you and Tore have written above about playing old games. How does somebody find these games and what do they need to do/install on their PC or console to make them work?
well, I'm not really sure these days - i haven't used emulators for ages - took too much hardwork tracking down the codes for the games (some were also inaccurate), and too many emulators to choose from - you really have to ask tore about that

these days, I just buy programmed retro arcade games for the PS2, Rainbow Islands, The New Zealand Story and Bubble Bobble on my Taito Legends comp are as close to the coin-ops as I'll ever get, short of buying the whole machine myself

the Amiga versions of these games are also nowhere near the comp I got, it didn't have the "feel" of the arcade versions

when I think about it, i have more nostalgia being in the arcades than consoles or home computers - the arcades were like a second home to me as a child

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote