Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #3867 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I have playable roms of all of those titles. Setting up an emulator is easy. Figure out what emulator is the most popular (for example from emulator-zone.com) and get it. Then get the roms (games) you want, for example from a torrent. Then fire up the emulator and load the game. Il Duce is really making it seem harder than it is (imo). Emulation now is usually pretty much like opening a file in a program, for example opening a text file in notepad.

With a bit of work, you can set up a computer with a media center that you can run your games from. To do that, I've set up XBMC with Advanced Launcher on my own computer. Then I run it on the telly and control it from my couch with my XBOX controller.

Here's a selection screen for different systems :

And here's a random title when browsing Super Nintendo Games :

When using this, I don't run emulators manually. That's all going on in the background. I just choose the game I want and press a button.

Of course it's also a nice way to play your movies or music. I love it!

You'd like my arcade emulator setup then
Hey thanks this is really helpful and I`ll look into it. These games were games I really loved when I was younger and all of them I never managed to finish as they were all too hard (gamefaqs wasn`t around then)
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote