Music Banter - View Single Post - The Final Sound
Thread: The Final Sound
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
Zer0

A Small Selection Of Songs I've Been Enjoying A Lot Lately

Bardo Pond - "Be a Fish"

Their 1996 album Amanita is a sprawling psychedelic monster and this song is one of the highlights of the album for me. It's a bit more accessible than the rest of the material on the album, which is probably why the song stands out for me, but take a listen to it and enjoy the awesome fuzzed-out guitar breaks and detached vocals.

The Orchids - "Peaches"

Okay this song is cheesy as fuck and screams early 90's but I love it anyway. Amazingly despite the very slick and assured nature of the song it was made by an indie band signed to seminal indiepop label Sarah Records in 1992. Love it or not the huge chorus will lodge itself in your brain and force you to listen to it on repeat.

Bowery Electric - "Fear Of Flying"

Bowery Electric are a band I've been really enjoying lately and this song sums up what I like about them. They effortlessly merge trip-hop and shoegaze together and create some remarkable dreamy tunes such as this one. The video for this song is superb, it suits the mood of the song and it leaves me wondering why more bands can't make promo videos like these?

Zola Jesus - "Vessel"

Zola Jesus is back with a new album and it contains some of her best material yet. This song manages to be dark and artistic yet still has an accessible edge to it. Her voice sounds haunting and gives the song a nice tense feel.

Warpaint - "Billie Holiday"

A song from their 2009 EP Exquisite Corpse. It has a very haunting and sexy feel to it and is a brilliantly well-done song and tribute by these lovely ladies. It has a very dreamy psychedelic edge to it as well which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Last edited by Zer0; 11-11-2011 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Mistake corrections
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote