Music Banter - View Single Post - The Faustian Pursuit of Music Acquisition
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

I went through a phase where I was acquiring so much obscure music so rapidly, which was a hobby I very much enjoyed, that I began feeling as though I hadn't paid my dues and heard enough of the "legendary", "famous" or "must hear before you die" type albums. I couldn't really hold up a conversation about music because all I was really into was archived vinyl type stuff from blogs and mainstream wise a few 90s Alternative bands. So I made the unfortunate decision to hold off on collecting/enjoying obscure records while I set out to hear the "greatest" albums of all time. I listened to quite a few of them, but what ended up happening is relegating them to a folder and never opening them again, save for a song coming on shuffle now and again.

I found I could never listen to all the music people "expected" me to have listened to, and went back to just listening to what I enjoy.

Now I have a fairly good size music collection made up of a lot of things I haven't heard, some of which still surprise me occasionally and I discover music without ever logging onto MB.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote