Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #315 (permalink)
Paedantic Basterd
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I havent found a 21st century artist that isnt crap.
To be honest, it's difficult to take you seriously when you make a statement like this. Sweeping generalizations and a complete lack of effort aren't going to make your point valid.

A revolution is defined as "A sudden, complete, or marked change in something" (to pick the definition that best applies to music, though any definition could be interpreted as applicable to it). I would say that we are indeed living through a musical revolution. The big example here is that advancements in technology (internet, filesharing) have changed the way in which we obtain and listen to music, and the power structure has shifted from corporate labels.

It seems to me that your problem isn't a lack of revolution, it's that the associations you have with it are from a time that has long passed, and you aren't recognizing the form it is taking today, or you simply don't care for it. I'm sure there were people during the 60s who thought the Beatles were pretty crappy and an embarrassment to music. It doesn't change the effect they had. As for us, we can't foresee the changes in music to come as a result of artists today.
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote