Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #316 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

You cant take me seriously because I think 21st century music is crap? Haha thats fine. I happen to put a great effort into discovering new music, new and old. There is still plenty of old music to be discovered. I probably try even harder to discover new music that I like. It happens to be a pretty big hobby for me.

To quote my earlier comment:

"What is a musical revolution and what are normally its reasons and its consequences? A musical revolution represents an essential turning point that brings in a completely different musical style: not just a new instrument or a new time signature or a new approach to singing, but a certain change in musical conscience.

Would todays youth be the same without the movement that occured in the sixties?

The only thing that comes close to that is techo and electronic music. The world needed new music, and the world had accumulated enough knowledge to permit the construction of a virtually new type of musical instrument - computers and hi-tech synthesizers. The involvement of humans in creating this music has been diminishing - after all, isn't it easier when you get a computer to write your music for you?

Last edited by blastingas10; 10-23-2011 at 06:15 PM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote