Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #346 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
^nice post bro!

you know it's cutting edge music if people dislike it based on outdated emotions.

Electronic music shouldn't be narrowed down to just techno and rave stuff. I think producers are the most innovative musicians right now, easily, across many genres. Unlimited potential when you have access to any sound, who cares how it was the sound was created, as long as it sounds good to your brain. computers are the ****.

Dylan got booed for playing an electric guitar
Hell yeah. Computers are the ****.

@blastingas10
Did you at least listen to when the bass comes in? Those are some pretty ****ing chunky bass riffs courtesy of Thundercat. Anyway, it's understandable that you wouldn't like it. Most people think Cosmogramma is "too hard to listen to", but it's a grower for sure. You should really check out Satchmo's recommendations. Those are two really good "electronic" albums, though both have a fairly strong hip hop base and they are much more easy to appreciate than the track I posted. Remember, keep an open mind!

P.S. I wanted to know your age because it just seemed to me that if you are of an older generation who grew up with the music of the 50's and 60's, then you would naturally be inclined to prefer that time period in music.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote