Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #829 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post

This may be one of the best acted series I've ever seen on television. Perfect casting: Steve Buscemi, Michael Shannon, Dabney Coleman, Kelly MacDonald, Michael Pitt, Shea Whigham, Stephen Graham, Vincent Piazza...and the list goes on! Wow. Top rate show, and I'm really getting into it.

The pilot episode is directed by Scorsese, who is also the executive producer. As such, it looks fantastic, too. I was watching an episode at my mother's house, and she wouldn't believe me that I wasn't watching a movie. Superb.

I seriously love this show right now.
Gutted that I can't check this out as it's a Sky exclusive channel and I prefer Cable to satellite TV as the broadband is far superior but the downside is that you miss out on some channels.

I am hoping it will turn up on an attainable channel fairly soon.

Walking Dead Season 2.... hmmm. Not exactly the trailblazing opener to season 2 that I had heard about or was expecting. Still watchable but there is not enough for me to put it anywhere near cult status let alone classic status. I am still itching to see some memorable set pieces that separates it from the multitudes of Zombie media out there.

BBC Two - Origins of Us

Informative, engrossing and Alice Roberts too

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”

Last edited by jackhammer; 10-24-2011 at 06:15 PM.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote