Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 04:11 PM   #9021 (permalink)
Farfisa
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
O(ld ladies know nothing about sound. Yesterday, I was working with the tech crew setting up a rehearsal show for a choir made up of old hags and creepy old men and the director was a huge wrinkled bitch to us. First off, I was up on stage setting up the mics and they started telling me to get out of the way even though they specifically asked me to set up the mics and put them on stage. I then managed to drop all eight of the mic stands on my foot, and I ended up tangling the XLR cable after attempting to pick the mic stands back up.

when I finally dealt with the mics, the old lady solo singers started getting mad at me because they couldn't hear themselves sing. I then told them that I didn't set up the stage monitors and they didn't listen and they just told me to turn the speakers up. I told them that increasing the gain would start giving us feedback and out of spite I cranked the gain anyways. after they got annoyed with the feedback, they told me to turn it down again and then bitched again because it was too quiet. From the audiences perspective, it was the perfect volume but they didn't seem to get that.

then they started bitching at the lighting guy and we all agreed that the director was a bitch and didn't understand the limitations of our system. I have to deal with these stupid hags again tomorrow on sunday. they better be less bitchy or I'm gonna flip.
If you are working in the sound department, you are going to get nothing, but bitching. Everyone hates tech crews.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote