Music Banter - View Single Post - Nickelback
Thread: Nickelback
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

I have to admit to liking Never Again from Silver Side Up but the rest of the album was bland and I caught a vid of them a couple of years back and it was so boring and uninspired.

The odd thing is, is that many bands have been banging this sort of music out for years and gone unnoticed. It exists and always will. 99% of it is NOT garbage. It is just safe music that is all. Uninspired and certainly not my thing but the 80's were jam packed with it. The problem is that people think that this sort of music is some sort of representation of what is going on in music at the time and most of (should) obviously know it isn't.

I don't like Nickleback much at all but that is not some pretense to cover my back from slings and arrows. The British band Feeder are a band I really like but they are commercial, musically unadventurous and much maligned but I don't care. As long as I know there are thousands of bands out there that also appeal to me and are NOT commercial or musically safe then I am fine with liking a song that sounds decent enough on the radio.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote