Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #362 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Sorry, I missed this until just now. They were a pop band from beginning to end.
Absolutely wrong. Yes they were popular from start to finish, but they started as nobodies and they worked their way to the top, because they were good. Just because something is popular doesnt make it pop. Albums like revolver and sgt pepper were pretty innovative. To quote music critic George Graham, art rock "was inspired by the classically-influenced arrangements and the elaborate production of The Beatles Sgt. Peppers."

Allmusic cites Sgt. Peppers as "one of the earliest rumblings of progressive and art rock." The Beatles were also one of the first bands to bring harpsichords, wind and string sections to rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Well, the problem is the concept of generalization, though. Electronic music is very unlimited, to be honest. It can't be pigeonholed. There's no reason why somebody should 'just not like it'.

Youre telling me theres no reason I shouldnt like it? I dont like it, thats enough reason. Not everyone likes the same things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
I feel what he's saying. Some people just have more of an appreciation for music that is made by more conventional instruments. Non-electronic music tends to be a bit more tangible for some, especially from the perspective of performance.
Thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited by blastingas10; 10-26-2011 at 04:11 AM.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote