Music Banter - View Single Post - I'm a critic and you guys have typos.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
tbug2007
Groupie

Default I'm a critic and you guys have typos.

Actually, the title was a joke. Although it is true. Your Newbie guide has a bunch of BBCode problems.

Okay but yep, I'm new, so here's some stuff about me. I'm a male senior in high school, looking to go to Furman University next year. I've got a 4.0 GPA so I'm not a moron. My name's Taylor, and most likely a majority of the music I listen to none of you have ever heard of. But we need variety, right?

I'm also a SuperModerator of SuperCheats, a gaming website (don't worry, I'm not advertising :P), one of about ten. Kinda odd since I don't play too many games. Most of my games are pretty old. Gamecube, for the win.

I actually came here hoping to get some comments on some covers of songs I recorded solo. I have one microphone (SM57) and an X2u, which bypasses a mixer and sends the mic straight to a computer via USB. I use Audacity, possibly the worst recording software ever, and I have barely a clue how to use it. So my recording isn't top notch yet. But I think its drcent. I've got some crazy other bands to show you as well. Maybe even some album and song reviews.

As for sticking around, I'll wade around here for a while, but this was just one site I happened to stumble upon, so no guarantees quite yet. I'll try to stick around a good bit though.

Music taste is pretty cool. I'm all about a good live performance, and vocalists who have a real talent; I don't care if they don't have amazing sound quality in a studio album or they have variance in their voices. If the singer can actually SING and not simply use a computer to correct their voices, then I have a huge respect from them. No matter how good a studio album is, if they don't have much legitimate talent, they get nothing from me. Also, autotune sucks.

I'm a Christian, by the way. I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but I figured I'd throw that out there.
tbug2007 is offline   Reply With Quote