Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #698 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_dude View Post
I play the clarinet and the piano. I want to get to know the guitar...lessons are tooo much for me.
I got out my clarinet for the first time in around 8 years and was pleased that I could still play every note within the clarinet's range. The only problem is I've lost the strength in my embrasure and so my lips get painfully tired after only around 5 minutes of playing. I'm going to have to try practicing around 10 minutes a day to work up the muscles again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug2007 View Post
Vocals, some guitar, but piano most.

I wanna learn violin D:
I play the violin! It's a great instrument. I encourage you to learn soon so you have longer to enjoy playing.

I wish I'd learned to sight-read piano music when I was a child. My household had a nice piano, but I was focusing on clarinet and violin. The piano didn't appeal to me as much, so I never did more than make up my own little piano songs. I never even thought of asking for piano lessons, whereas by the time I was 7 I *knew* I wanted violin lessons.

Now I wish I were able to read piano music rapidly. Luckily, I can read piano music well enough to play Bach's Prelude No. 1 in C major. Since I feel that's one of the most beautiful piano pieces, I don't fret too much about not being able to sight-read more than that!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote