Music Banter - View Single Post - Play any instruments? *would you like to? (if you don't)
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #699 (permalink)
tbug2007
Groupie

Quote:
I play the violin! It's a great instrument. I encourage you to learn soon so you have longer to enjoy playing.

I wish I'd learned to sight-read piano music when I was a child. My household had a nice piano, but I was focusing on clarinet and violin. The piano didn't appeal to me as much, so I never did more than make up my own little piano songs. I never even thought of asking for piano lessons, whereas by the time I was 7 I *knew* I wanted violin lessons.

Now I wish I were able to read piano music rapidly. Luckily, I can read piano music well enough to play Bach's Prelude No. 1 in C major. Since I feel that's one of the most beautiful piano pieces, I don't fret too much about not being able to sight-read more than that!
I can sight read simple pieces perfectly. Obviously complex ones take practice :P. Piano's problem is that it's not particularly a fun instrument to play until you get fairly good at it.

And is violin fun? I mean it sounds nice, but it sounds like it's a lot of fun too.
tbug2007 is offline   Reply With Quote