Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #423 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Time to again buy your tickets and take a perilous journey into the deep, dark and twisted depths of my musical taste! Yeah, more weird sh*t I like: stuff that normally wouldn't be featured here as it's kind of outside the spectrum of the music I would confess to listening to, but good nevertheless. Try these for size!

As we're a few days short of Halloween, where else to start but with the weirdest soundtrack of them all, Halloween-themed although it's a Christmas story? The residents of Halloweentown celebrate the season that scares as they sing “This is Halloween.” Was that a trick of the light, or did something just move there in the darkness?

Great song from the tail-end of the sixties, this is Peter Sarstedt, with a song always recognised by its distinctive accordion intro: “Where do you go to my lovely”.

The enigmatic Christie, with “Yellow river”.

The great Judy Collins, with one of her big hits, “Both sides now”.

And just for the hell of it, here are the gang from “Spitting Image”, with a lampoon of that awful “Birdie dance”, this is called “The chicken song”! Take note of the mad lyric!

Okay, those of you who have survived the trip (there were no guarantees: please check the back of your ticket), the exit is here --- careful now, you'll be a bit woozy, that's it, slowly does it --- and we hope to see you again real soon, y'hear?