Music Banter - View Single Post - MB GENERAL ALBUM CLUB: Pg.Lost - Key
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #270 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

so again....i did vote for this one.....and was very pleased with the results....by far the best album i've reviewed in this thread

1) What are this albums' strengths?
there is a wonderful sense of whirling ambiance all through this album....while at the same time sticking to certain good rock elements.....i feel this album is great for driving as much as it is for just relaxing and reading

2) What are its weaknessess?
i suppose some of the tracks can be a bit repetitive....but then the purpose here is to create ambiance.....so its understandable

3) How does it compare to the artist's other work?
i have no idea never really looked into this band.....i suppose at this point it could go either way with me

4) Favourite songs?
like Lisnaholic....Love Life of an Octopus is by far my favorite track on the album.....it really has all the great elements ranging from floating to jarring guitar.....just a stellar track

5) What feelings did this album evoke?
i think they did a great job capturing the concept of the ocean and in many ways it did feel like i was listening to a documentary soundtrack

6) How does this album fit into your regular rotation?
it will stay in my rotation for some time

7) What stood out to you about this album's themes, musically/lyrically?
i really feel without being painfully obvious they were able to create an instrumental rock album that fits perfect with their underwater theme

8) If you've had any noteworthy experiences with this album, what have they been?
driving over donor pass at 2am with a full moon and this album blasting was damn near religious.....a great listen

9) What do you know about this album's creation? Any interesting facts or anecdotes?
nothing except what was posted here

10) How does this album represent the chosen theme?
this one is pretty simple.....no lyrics and or vocals ....they did great in that

11) How does this album compare to other albums nominated for this theme?
well....i'm not a big fan of jazz....so those two were out for me....i nominated the Earth album....and feel it would have been received well....the Pelican album is very good.....and The Sinking Of the Titanic is one of the few pieces of music that has put me in tears.....i suggest all of you to listen to it if you have not....it really is an incredibly moving example of modern minimal composition

12) How does this album compare to others in its genre?
i suppose quite well

13) Can you recommend similar albums to this?

not like this one no

14) What does this album's artwork say about it? Is it well paired with the music?
quite well
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote