Music Banter - View Single Post - Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Rhyming for rhyme's sake? These lines don't even rhyme completely; rather, they are semi-rhymed. And how are these bad lyrics? What is defined as "good" lyrics to you? Would you rather go jam to some Floyd and hear Gilmour babble, "hello? is there anybody out there? just nod if you can hear me"

Poetic.

Paradise is about a girl that thought she was on top of the world. Everybody knows someone like this in their life. Well, this song describes the girl's downfall. "Bullets" are a metaphorical way of describing the newfound issues in her life, as the poster before me said. Maybe you're incapable of understanding figurative language, and for that, I apologize.
YorkeDaddy, you are probably the nicest person on this forum (from what I can gather) so maybe you can understand. My frustration is not just with the awful grammar, but with the ode that is "Paradise". Can you not detect even the slightest bit of weediness and the pathetic whiny disposition that for me absolutely overwhelms the song? Maybe you consider it a beautiful metaphorical piece of sympathy, and that is entirely acceptable. But please, don't accuse me of not understanding figurative language. I understand this song, but I despise the lugubrious clumsiness with which they craft their lyrics which are to me, insipid.

Remember that at the end of the day, I am only an angry, irritable English snob on the internet whose opinion doesn't affect yours, so don't let me ruin your day.

NOTE: this only applies to YorkeDaddy.

Last edited by Salami; 10-31-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote