Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #10707 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I just watched this 2011 movie adaptation of Bronte's classic and it was good. The casting was well done, acting was solid, the costumes well done and the story sticks to the book except it ends just a little bit earlier than the book does. I personally don't consider that much of a problem.

As for the story, a lot of the passionate feelings in this love story are suppressed and kept under a lid by a character who insists on being firmly in control of her emotions. I definetly think that suits the book format a lot more and it can be a bit hard to understand the characters attraction and the depth of their feelings towards eachother based solely on what you see in the movie.

It also felt a bit rushed compared to the book, but of course it would have to be a very long movie to avoid that and I was in a restless mood when watching it so I wouldn't have wanted it to be any longer. Knowing the story from before, I knew what was going to happen and sometimes, that doesn't matter, but for this movie it ain't great. I'd recommend it to anyone who would like to check out Charlotte Bronte's classic story, but can't be arsed to read the book.

7/10!