Music Banter - View Single Post - The British Invasion! NEED HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMR View Post
Well Put, anything you read will tell you that Dylan and The Beatles were equally influential to each other. Dylan has stated that The Beatles were one of his primary motivations to go electric, and The Beatles (Lennon especially) were emulating Dylan to try to break away from their pop roots. As an example, Dyan had "4th Time Around" on Blonde on Blonde, and then Lennon countered (in friendly competition) with "Norwegian Wood" on Rubber Soul, and I believe there are two other songs in the series. One from Dylan, and then from Lennon as a solo artist, both in the same vein as the aforementioned songs. Someone else might be able to chime in and name them.
All the great artists of that era like most other eras copied and borrowed from each other, which is easy enough to do, but it takes real talent though to do it well.

Beatles>Byrds>Dylan made a creative triangle that did just the above and excelled in what they did.

Silly me for saying that.........I forgot both Lennon and McCartney couldn`t write for shit.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote