Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #593 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

I`m a big fan of Kylesa and you normally know what you`re going to get with them, like Slayer their style hardly changes and the consistency remains high. Static Tensions is a good album but not as good as the previous two To Walk a Middle Course and Time Will Fuse its Worth But all in all Static Tensions is good enough to win most battles........but this is not most battles.

I`ve just finished listening to the Kvelertak debut and fuck what an album. This album is extreme metal mixed up with the heavier excesses of grunge, other musical influences have been thrown in and for very good measure there are some classic 1970s hard rock riffs thrown in (I`ve always been addicted to 1970s riffs so thats done it for me) I even detected on one song very briefly some Jon Lord (Deep Purple) type keyboards! The whole thing then has the death n roll feel thrown in. I already have a feeling.... that I`ve just listened to one of the classic metal albums of the last couple of years if you can actually call it metal, as this is one revved up rock n roll monster that doesn`t let up for a second.

Kvelertak 5
Kylesa 2
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote