Music Banter - View Single Post - leeds / reading
Thread: leeds / reading
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sweet Jane
Music Addict

Oh my god I'm just home too! It was sooooooooo class this year, huh? Shame about the riots again - you think they'll get a license this year?

Musical Highlights:

The Pixies - Wow have they still got it! Frank's voice is amazing, so much charisma and Kim's sooooo cute to boot! Waited my whole life to see them and it was worth every second, Monkey Gone to Heaven and Where is My Mind were amazing, even the unrehearsed encore Gigantic watching Kim **** up twice was hilarious and made me love them even more for doing another song! It did make me question society that I was so close to the Pixies I could almost touch them because so many people chose Kasabian, I'll never understand why people can do something so wrong, but all the more Pixie magic for me. Wow.

The Go! Team - Happiest band ever, can't believe everyone else at the festy pretty much chose the Foos over them, boooooooring, got a pretty yellow t-shirt and I am happy!

Arcade Fire - really tight, powerful performance, didn't even play everything I wanted and still a joint second best band of the weekend

LCD Soundsystem - Disappointing set actually, but needed a use for my extra glowsticks anyway so attempted to rave to Daft Punk is playing at my house! And managed!

Echo & The Bunnymen - I waited years to see this lot too and they did not disappoint

Sons and Daughters - Really stunning, tight, just like I knew they'd be. Made me realise how Scottish I sound though, I sounded exactly like them as I was singing along! Haha.

Adam Green - Jumped around the stage being him. Played a Neil Young song. I was happy.

Also went to see The Raveonettes, only checked them out on Urbans recent mentioning actually, I used to pay little attention to them for no particular reason but yeah they were cool. Let downs, the Killers were actually really poor, got dragged to see them with all my mates I thought they'd at least put on a good show but alas. However Pixies came on after so life was good again. I know I seen more but I the whole weekend is hazy in parts, I'll edit if I remember anything worth mentioning.

Hobbes: "I'm not sure that man needs the help."
Sweet Jane is offline   Reply With Quote