Music Banter - View Single Post - The Problems With Horror Movies...
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Can't say that I have, I'm just looking at it on Wikipedia, is it the one that was released this year? Or is it an earlier release? I might have to check, although I would hardly consider myself a horror buff, just an enthusiast with some good movie connections.

There is one horror movie that I was really looking forward to and that was the Guillermo del Toro directed, James Cameron produced, and Universal funded adaptation of the H.P. Lovecraft novella At the Mountains of Madness, the first ever major film studio full adaptation of an H.P. Lovecraft work. Guillermo del Toro's crew had been working on the designs and effects of the aliens, and it was his dream project, so it wasn't going to be some rush cash in. Everything looked like it was ready to go, but then Universal scrapped the movie, but del Toro didn't want to budge on the R-Rating, which would not allow the teenage horror movie going crowd the opportunity to see it. Also the fact that there was no "happy ending" or love interest sub-plot, really made it hard for Universal to take a chance on a movie (after already doing so a few times prior with The Wolfman, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, and Hellboy II: The Golden Army).
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote